Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Purpose

Blogging. The finally internet frontier. Or not. Shut up.
Anyone who is about my age has probably gotten these two things said to them in the past year:
1. WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO COLLEGE?
If you're younger than me (18), trust me. You will hear it. And at first you'll enjoy it. You'll sorta feel like people actually care about your future. Then it will degrade after a while, and become a pet peeve. A little mouse chewing at the block of cheese that is your sanity. (10 pts. for awesome metaphor)
2. Make sure to keep in touch OK?
I actually like hearing this one, especially from my friends.... or lack there of. But either way! I do like to keep in touch. It sorta feels like a waste to me if you spend a significant amount of time with people and then just leave them behind.

Before I get anymore pathetic, let me just jump to the point. I wanted to make this blog for two reasons. First being: I want to stay in touch. I like telling people interesting stories, and quirky anecdotes, and bizarre tales. And with me going to college, I feel as though I will find plenty to talk about. Second, I want to sorta document what college is like for anyone who is curious. I kind of really bad, low budget, and uncreative version of "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide".

I want to post at the least 3 times a month, but more preferably 2 or 3 times a week. I'm going to try to combine long posts like this with short little video posts from videos I take around campus. I also might review internet videos or something that is almost as cliche for filler.

But I'm rambling. I just want to tell everyone who is going to college, and everyone I'm leaving behind: I'M NOT DEAD. I'M RIGHT HERE. And I just wanna stay connected some how :-)

I'm gonna be posting every now and then during the summer, but once September hits..... be ready. I'm gonna  be postin' like a chief. All day.

No comments:

Post a Comment